"She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts. But because she continued on despite them."

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

december 31, 2014 (invictus skills & conditioning transition week) New Year's Eve!

**Skills & Conditioning Transition Week – The official Open-Prep Cycle begins January 5th, please let your friends know and create a training group that will support and push each other from January through March! 

Workout of the Day 

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes:
Minute 1 – 2-3 Rope Climbs (15′) 1 RC (wrong shoes) 
Minute 2 – 10 Meters of Handstand Walk Attempts galore, not even one successful step 
Minute 3 – 6-8 Ring Dips with a 2-Second Pause at Full Extension 6 static dips 
Minute 4 – 30-40 seconds of Hollow Rocks or Holds 30 sec hollow rock 

B. Five sets of:
10 Shoulder to Overhead (135-155/105-95 lbs)
Rest 2 minutes

Perform every rep as a power jerk – do not push press. The goal is to establish a good rhythm of efficient movement so that you can become faster as the sets go. Please note times and learning from each set.

1) :26 2) :23 3) :21 4) :20 5) :18

This was fascinating. I can't believe I got faster every time, just kept learning. Needed a belt, this helped stabilize my core when I received the bar and didn't affect breathing. Also learned that in order to keep these fast I need to keep my head at a 45 degree angle the whole time. Catching on flat feet helps me transition faster, and I keep a better rhythm if I slow the descent just slightly.

C.
Every minute, on the minute, for 30 minutes:
Minute 1 – 20 Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg – full vertical bell)
Minute 2 – 10 Walking Lunges with Kettlebells or Dumbbells (heavy!)
Minute 3 – 15 Burpees to 6″ Overhead Target

I didn't have the time for the full 30 min EMOM, so I made it a 10 minute AMRAP. 3 + 34. No weight on the lunge, did 35# kb, and jumped to a pull up bar. 

Optional Additional Conditioning Session * Did not do this, but I need to start making time for these additional sessions. 

Four sets of: 400 Meter Sled Drag (you choose the loading)
Rest half the time it took you to drag

No comments:

Post a Comment