"She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts. But because she continued on despite them."

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

november 18, 2014 (whole30)

Workout of the Day

A.
Three sets, not for time, of:
Handstand Walk x 10-15 meters ~5 attempts with at least 1 step. need to practice this nearly daily to get comfortable. also practice more freestanding handstands to get comfortable with maintaining hollow position
L-Sit x 15.15.15 2 x (10.10.10) in an actual L, then 1 x (15.15.15) in the tuck position.
(hold for 15 seconds, rest for 5, repeat until you’ve accumulated 45 seconds of hold)
Unbroken Double-Unders x 40-50 reps 1 attempt-50, 1 attempt-40, 2 attempts-50
(no more than two attempts per set)

B.
Every 90 seconds, for 9 minutes (6 sets):
Muscle Snatch x 1 rep 35/45/55/60/65/70 no failures
(build over the 6 sets to something heavy for today)
and then…
Every 90 seconds, for 12 minutes (8 sets):
Hang Snatch + Snatch
Loading per set:
*Sets 1-2 – 75% with a 2-3 second pause in receiving position after the full snatch 85
*Sets 3-4 – 80% with a 2-3 second pause in receiving position after the full snatch 90
*Sets 5-6 – 85% 95
*Sets 7-8 – 90% 100
I don't even want to talk about these. Just terrible. I have GOT to stop bouncing the bar off of my hips into an arc. No more full snatching until I fix it. I tried every rep to figure it out, resulting in multiple failures at weights I should be getting reliably, and only got it ONCE. That one time I literally saw the bar as I passed under it. It was close to me and incredibly easy. 

C.
Five sets of:
Unsupported Seated Strict Press x 5 reps Supposed to do: 75/80/80/85/85 and that didn't happen. Instead, 75/80x3 fail on rest/70/70/75 Not sure why these sucked today.
(sit on a bench without back support and press the barbell from shoulder to overhead)
Rest 2-3 minutes
Goal is to perform 5% more than was performed on November 4.

D.
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 4 minutes of:
5 Strict Handstand Push-Ups Subbed negatives. It was a bit of a cop out. Do the damn seated DB press already, I know. And yet, they were still difficult.
10 Burpees
1+4

Rest 2 minutes, and then…

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 4 minutes of:
55/35 lb Dumbbell Man-Makers
So these were terrible. 30# DB x 14 reps. Lots of trouble with the left arm row. 
Man-Maker = DBs to ground, push-up, left arm row, right arm row, power clean, push press.

No comments:

Post a Comment